Observe creatures that only show themselves after dark, if you are lucky, will get to see the natural glow of bioluminescent plankton. Corals look even more magnificent at night.
Join us on a night adventure to explore the mysterious dark underwater world of our house reef. It comes alive at night, revealing creatures rarely or never seen during the day. A highly trained guide will accompany you and help you spot elusive creatures! Cuttlefish, stingrays and octopuses and can all be spotted and, if you are lucky, maybe even a sea turtle and a black tip reef shark!
One more aspect of a night snorkel that is sure to please everyone is the magical phosphorescent plankton which light up the water in a churning swirl of glowing and sparkling light as you swim by.
What ever you see, it is sure to be an unforgettable experience, and is appropriate for all ages and levels.
Tip For First timers
The big reason to go snorkeling at night is because you get to see many things that you can’t during the day.Night snorkeling is a completely different and new experience compared to regular snorkeling.Many creatures are out at night that are not during the day, like the stunningly beautiful.When the sun goes down the daytime reef inhabitants hide for the night and the nocturnal creatures become active. Many creatures come out from the crevices in the reef to hunt at night – you might be lucky enough to witness a moray eel swimming along the reef in search of a fish supper! There may be an octopus on the move or shrimps and lobsters outside of their usual hiding places and beautiful feather stars can be seen moving around. Once you’ve tried night snorkeling, you might even find snorkeling during the day to be boring. You will make unforgettable memories as you step up your snorkeling game to see another level of the underwater world.
Good to Know
- Summerbay Resort offers night snorkel tours for group and private.
- The tours are usually 1 – 2 hours including the briefing and time starts usally by 8 PM .
- Children are welcome from the age of 8 and above with guardian/parent.
- Participants should be able to swim and feel comfortable in deeper water.
- Activity includes: briefing and torch hire. Mask, fins, snorkel and snorkel vest are available for rental if needed.
- You won’t be able to see anything without a light, and obviously the light needs to be water resistant at the depths you plan on diving at.